4th ICT Strategy Planning and Implementation
Theme: Synergising your Business KIT
Venue: Sovereign Hotel, Kisumu City
Date: 23rd -25th August 2016
Fee: Ksh. 55,680 ***
Telephone: +254 20 2527160, +254 701 32 99 77, 0789 344 322
ICT strategies should reflect the business objectives and technology requirements of stakeholders to meet the needs of customers. Your technology choices are going to have an impact on your business for many years to come. You need to consider the direction your business is heading because your ICT choices will affect the journey: smooth or bumpy. When you have clarity, it’s easier to understand your options and make the right decisions to get the best results. When it’s well formulated and implemented, ICT strategic planning provides three important benefits.
- It aligns technology with your business goals, enabling a contribution to your organisation’s strategic objectives.
- It enables ICT systems to be fully integrated across each department, which in turn allows for organization-wide management of your ICT environment. The needs of your customers are fully considered and satisfied.
- It builds a strong relationship between your business and ICT departments, which secures commitment to the ICT strategy since all key stakeholders are involved in the process.
The result is a more responsive ICT department that can show leadership in exploiting technology for its value to the business. In turn, this builds business confidence in the ICT department’s capabilities.
With ICT and business working together, you achieve more effective governance and management of ICT programs, projects and budgets. This makes it easier to focus on doing the right things, doing them the right way, getting them done well and getting the right benefits.
The objective of this seminar is to equip the participants with practical experience based on the best practices in:
- Governance and Management of ICT using COBIT 5
- Aligning ICT Objectives to business objectives using IT Balanced Score-Card
- Information Security Governance using ISO 27001/2
- Project Planning and Management using PRINCE2
- Business-ICT Strategic Alignment Models (SAM)
Who Should Attend
This interactive and practical seminar is designed for senior executives involved in policy and strategy formulation and implementation including the following:
- Chief Officers
- County Executive Members
- Chief Finance Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Quality Assurance Officers
SCOPE OF THE SEMINAR
This seminar employs blended mode of delivery including presentations, case studies, discussions and hand-on practice which provide the participants with a greatly interactive pedagogy. Coupled with our regionally reknown facilitators’ rich experience both in the industry and academia, it will be an invaluable opportunity for those responsible for ICT planning and management.
The sessions will run from 0900 hrs to 1600 hrs with one hour lunch break, and brief mid-morning and afternoon tea/coffee breaks.
The participants may book for accommodation at the Sovereign Hotel at Kshs. 9,000 or from some of the nearby recommended hotels.